You can visit our Site to learn about our business, how we work with our Veterinary Affiliates, review and respond to job opportunities offered by our Veterinary Affiliates, and to contact us to learn more.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or can be used to identify a natural person. You are not required to provide Personal Information in order to use our Site, nor will we request Personal Information from you.
Personal Information We Collect
We will collect certain Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us through one of the interactive features on our Site.
- You may use the “Get in Touch” feature to inquire about our business, to provide comments, or report any problems with our Site.
- You may apply for a current job opening offered by our Veterinary Affiliates by visiting the “Career Opportunities” page on our Site and providing your Personal Information in the information fields shown.
- If you are a veterinary student, you may apply for available externships offered by our Veterinary Affiliates by visiting the “Student Opportunities” page on our Site and providing your Personal Information in the information fields shown.
- Except as expressly stated above, we will not collect any other Personal Information from you through our Site.
The Personal Information we collect includes the following categories of Personal Information defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone numbers;
- Professional or employment information, such as your job title and place of work; and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, unique device identifiers, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, mobile device carrier and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site; as well as usage information, such as information about how you use the Site and our products and services, referring/exit web pages, date/time stamps, error logs, and the frequency of your use of the Site.
Information Collected Automatically
As with most websites, our Site may automatically collect certain information about the devices you use to access the Site, as well as information on how you interact with the Site, through cookies, web server logs, and other similar tracking technologies. This information is not Personal Information and may include the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as your browser type and version; operating system and platform; confirmation when you open email that we send you; and the URLs which lead you to and around the Site including the date and time of access.
Cookies and other data collection technologies
“Cookies” are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. They are small text files that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one website to simplify subsequent interactions with that site by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related websites. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies last longer and are used to recognize your computer when you return to the Site. Cookies are designed to make your online experience easier and more personalized. They can only be read by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus.
Web server logs are files that store the activity on a certain website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can change your browser settings to notify you of the cookies being set or updated, and to block cookies. Please note that if you have turned off all cookies, some features of the Site may not be available to you or otherwise function as intended. To learn more about how to manage cookies on different types of browsers, you can visit the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) and other technologies to collect and analyze Site usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in activities such as auditing, research, or reporting; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
“Do Not Track” Browser Settings
We do not currently use technology that recognizes “do not track” signals from your web browser.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information when and how the law allows us to. Any of the personal information we collect about you may be used for one of the following business purposes:
- If you use our “Get in Touch” feature, the only Personal Information you will be required to provide is your first and last name, email, and information you choose to share in the subject and message fields. We will use this Personal Information to respond to your query and for no other purpose unless you disclose additional Personal Information after the initial response.
- If you use our “Career Opportunities” or “Student Opportunities” features, you will be linked to a Third Party Site. Employment or internship positions are offered by our Veterinary Affiliates through the Third Party Site. If you choose to submit Personal Information in connection with an application, we will be given access to that Personal Information and will process it in accordance with the position for which it was submitted.
- We may add Personal Information provided through a career or student opportunity application to our internal database and use that information for our internal research and business purposes.
- We may aggregate and de-identify the Personal Information in our database and create reports that do not personally identify any individuals.
- We may send emails about educational webinars and mentorship opportunities to students who have applied for internships. We may also send emails containing information on veterinary topics that may be of interest to individuals who have applied for professional positions with our Veterinary Affiliates.
If you have requested more information from us, we will use the email you provided to us to send you that information. You may limit emails you receive from us by following the instructions in the “Opt-Out” Section below.
We may provide your Personal Information to our hosted service providers or to third party providers who maintain and support our Site. If we must disclose your Personal Information for these purposes, the disclosures will be limited to the contact email you provided. These third party providers are only authorized to use your Personal Information as necessary to provide these services. All conversations using this Site’s support platforms will be kept confidential, including, but not limited to, inquiries for information, emails, and other forms of communication. By providing your Personal Information you are giving us your consent to use your Personal Information for these purposes.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
We do not provide or sell any Personal Information to marketing research or bulk advertising sales companies and have not done so in the past twelve (12) months.
We do not disclose any Personal Information to anyone other than our Veterinary Affiliates, service providers and relevant counterparties without your consent, or as required by applicable law or regulation. This means that we may disclose your Personal Information to other third parties, including:
- To any governmental agency if (i) we determine that such disclosure is necessary or advisable pursuant to or in connection with any U.S. federal, state or local, or non-U.S., law, rule, regulation, executive order or policy, including without limitation any anti-money laundering law and the USA PATRIOT Act and (ii) such disclosure is not otherwise prohibited by law, rule, regulation, executive order or policy;
- If the we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger, restructuring or business transfer, as part of the due diligence and transaction process;
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
- To comply with subpoenas and other legal processes;
- To pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain;
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- To protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of us, our Veterinary Affiliates, you and others; and
We do not disclose Personal Information except as may be required or permitted by law, rule or regulation. We may disclose for a business purpose, and have disclosed in the preceding twelve (12) months, Personal Information, including identifiers, employment information, and internet or network information to third parties, as described above.
Links to Affiliate Sites
Links to Third Party Sites
Our Site contains Links to websites run and controlled by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). These Links are provided to users as a convenience and services to our users. Some Links may take you to Third Party Sites containing information that may be useful or of interest to you.
You may also click on the Links located on our “Career Opportunities” and “Student Opportunities” pages. Those Links will take you to a Third Party Site where you may review and apply for current employment and internship opportunities offered by our Veterinary Affiliates. You may, at your sole option, apply for open employment or internship positions by completing the information fields on the Third Party Site. The Third Party Site uses applicant tracking software to collect your Personal Information and to process the application. We will be given access to your application and the Personal Information contained in that application, and we will provide your application to the appropriate Veterinary Affiliate. We may also allow the Veterinary Affiliate who is offering the job or internship position to access the application and the Personal Information contained in the application. Veterinary Affiliates will not have access to application data for positions they are not offering. We will not share your employment or internship application information with any third party.
We are not responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed on any Third Party Site or for the privacy practices of any third party. We will not, and are under no obligation to, investigate, monitor or check the Third Party Sites for accuracy or completeness, or for any obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent, profane, defamatory or unlawful content or materials. Inclusion of any Link to a Third Party Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the Third Party Site.
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Personal Information from unauthorized use or disclosure. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between us will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Children Under the Age of 13
This Site is provided for and targeted to adults and is not intended to be used by children under 13 years of age. Student externships are not offered to children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we have been provided Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the email below. If we have stored any such Personal Information in our database, we will delete it as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving notice from you.
You may choose to limit or cease receiving correspondence from us by using the opt-out option in e-mails you receive from us, or by emailing or calling us at the email and/or phone numbers below. We will process your request within 30 days.
Your California Privacy Rights
We are committed to providing individuals with reasonable and appropriate access to their Personal Information. If you believe that we are processing Personal Information about you and wish to have access to data about how we are processing your Personal Information, we can provide you with that data under most circumstances. If, however, we are unable to provide you with that data, we will provide an explanation of why we cannot do so in the particular context of your request (e.g., where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive). We are happy to correct any of your Personal Information that is inaccurate or delete Personal Information that is inappropriate for us to retain.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain data subject rights. These rights vary, but they may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Information; (ii) restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information; (iii) obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a portable format; and (iv) object to certain Personal Information processing activities.
Individuals who are California residents may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their Personal Information with a data protection authority. We are always open to dialogue to resolve issues short of formal disputes. If your concerns cannot be resolved, we can enter into appropriate third-party neutral dispute resolution. If you need to reach us about a privacy or data protection issue, please contact us using the details below.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-983-5817. The rights described herein are not absolute and we reserve all of our rights available to us at law in this regard. Additionally, if we retain your Personal Information only in de-identified form, we will not attempt to re-identify your Personal Information from that de-identified data in response to a data subject rights request.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) prohibits covered businesses from discriminating against you for exercising applicable CCPA rights.
If you make a request related to Personal Information about you, we will need to verify your identity. To do so, we will request that you match specific pieces of information you have provided us previously, as well as, in some instances, provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the individual whose Personal Information is the subject of the request. If it is necessary to collect additional information from you for verification purposes, we will use the information only for verification purposes and will delete it as soon as practicable after complying with the request.
For requests related to particularly sensitive Personal Information, we may require additional proof of identification. If you make a request through an authorized agent, we will require written proof that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We will process your request within the time provided by applicable law.
You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties by contacting us at the email or phone numbers below. We must have the right, however, to share your Personal Information for certain necessary and legal purposes such as security issues, government subpoenas, and to provide you will support and other requested assistance. These situations are not for marketing purposes. If you refuse to provide your Personal Information to us or ask us to delete or stop using your Personal Information, to the extent that Personal Information is necessary for us to provide you with goods or services, we may be unable to complete that transaction or provide such goods and services to you in the future.
How to Contact Us
Toll Free: 866-983-5817
3 Landmark Square Suite 515
Stamford, Connecticut 06901